15.4.10

10,000 leagues under

It's the countdown for the deadline of dissertation questions and I am drowning in a sea of ideas and information, which I am not certain will ever translate well for a research project!!!
Along with the ever-present and nearing exams - I am trying to keep calm and in control but everything is flying out the window and moving around me like the current that is seemingly harmless but pulls and drags you out, and in the blink of an eye into a vortex of panic and fear for that ultimate struggle for survival.

Ironically, the imagery that connotes this dark feeling (and for some the issue of mortality) and forces me to fight also calms me...Let's just say I'm a mermaid, which is technically true as swimming was my life- once upon a time. How appropriate is it, this post is helping me put everything into perspective; my underwater think tank, if you will (see what I did there...I'm a genius!!)...Everything looks better and life is less daunting underwater, for me at least! Don't you think?
 credit




 credit
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the way your incorporate fashion in2 ur daily life and how you can ACTUALLY explain the way fashion conveys ur feelings.
    Not like these other chickenheads who supposedly love fashion but cant give you an original reason why.
    luv it.
    Love you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this!! although i would hate to model underwater!! xxx

    http://thebeautifullydamned.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That's why it's my passion...How I rationalize designs etc...

    Beautifully damned - I think it would be a struggle but can you imagine the fun you'd have?!I'll check out your blog, if you love this post there's more follow me!

    R.Paris- Course you already know you're stuck with me for life!! Love u 2!!

    ReplyDelete