24.7.10

Looming hills from the valley

Remember my summer looks post?! Well, here's what happened. I got all my key pieces for all the summers to come then (guess!) Yeah I got bored with summer looks and have been towards Fall to bring back the creativity in my life. Summer is only fun for the first few rays of sun but after 3 weeks it becomes tedious and all I do is plot and plan my fall/winter looks. I'll do a post about my fall/winter looks soon and go into it much more.

Now, I said I wasn't going to review the couture shows and I'm not because the time has passed and I've read other reviews and I'll say this - some of them haven't really picked up on the pulse of the couture shows (and I don't want to be in that category...) What I will do is pick the shows I loved and give my special spin on the intricate and creative pieces...I have interpreted the shows in a curious way, for each piece I associate it to a series of persona's from Lady Macbeth to Jane Eyre to  Ada McGrath to Rosalind...[all character's that I find endearing from literature I've read, as you know I'm just weird and wacky like that...I hope there are some that can appreciate what I just did!!]

For me the it's about the spirit of the character which is why these couture pieces remind of certain aspects and I couldn't resist! These are what I imagine my female protagonists would choose if they were sitting in the FROW at Couture Week.

                                                   Ada - The Piano

  • Alexis Mabille and Chanel
                            Rosalind - As You Like It
  • Alexis Mabille and Chanel

                                                Jane - Jane Eyre

  • Chanel, Elie Saab and Valentino
                                                   Lady Macbeth - Macbeth
                           "Out Damned spot!"
  • Chanel, Elie Saab and Givenchy. 
Lady Macbeth is my all time favourite! I love her - you have to take the good with the bad (that means her mental deficiencies, zeal and all!) which is why this complex female gets the best of all - GIVENCHY, the collection was jaw-droppingly (let's not mention this)...Incomprehensible! I mean Tisci has yet to fail me and this was mind- blowing, he delivered intricate designs for a complex character = Lady Macbeth.


credit: all photos

No comments:

Post a Comment